Perkinstown Outhouse Race
2014 Outhouse Race is slated to take place Saturday, February 22, 2014. You can see the 2013 Perkinstown Outhouse Race photo gallery. Thanks everyone who came out and made it such a fun and successful event despite the frigid Wisconsin weather.
In the spirit of tradition and history of the Perkinstown area, local outdoor enthusiasts have organized the Perkinstown Outhouse Race. Join the excitement at this rare race of thrones to show off your one-of-a-kind racing commode or come to enjoy the unforgettable food and watch this comic event. There’s fun for the whole family, so come out and support a good cause.
Saturday, February 22, 2014
Perkinstown Winter Sports Area
Gates open at 11:00 am
Food will be hot ‘n ready!!
Kid’s Races from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
Flag Drops for the Main Event at 1:00 pm
NEW Toilet Drag Races to follow main event
For 2014 we are adding Toilet Drag racing for everyone who doesn’t have a custom racing outhouse, but want to get in on the racing action and CASH PRIZE!
- Drag racing thrones will be provided which roll on wheels in a track on flat wooden surface.
- Each person pushes their toilet using two plungers of his/her choice. Two toilets (two people) race side-by-side. Times will be posted.
- Registration is $1 per run. Run as many times as you wish as long as you have someone to race against. Begins immediately after outhouse race.
- Each participant is entered for a chance to win $100 cash prize after each run. Random drawing after race.
Teams consists of five members: four pushers/pullers and one to sit on the pot. The short course includes one long downhill and one short uphill stretch. Racing outhouses can be quite simple, but they must be built according to the official rules. Get creative and get ready to have fun! This will a great event where families can enjoy the races, innertube on the slopes or ski the beautiful trails of the scenic Perkinstown hills. See you there!
There will be a FOOD AND BEER TENT ON SITE. We sell Otis’s Famous spit roasted pork sandwiches, homemade polish sausages, homemade soups, stews and chili, and of course hot dogs. This event has become a food spectacle in itself. Bring the whole family, enjoy our special home cookin’and let the kids enjoy the winter activities. Purchase a day pass from the Perkinstown Winter Sports Area and enjoy the tubing hill. Tubes and tow rope available. Don’t forget, cross country ski rentals are also available in the lower level of the chalet. Just get out and enjoy the winter Wisconsin weather!
The outhouse race is expected to be bigger and better than ever. Make sure you’re a part of this event and tell all your friends to join the winter fun! View photos from the 2013 Perkinstown Outhouse Race.
Check out this video from our 2009 event.
Kid’s Race Guidelines:
- The kid’s racing action will take place 11:00am – 1:00pm
- Kids use their choice of our “SpongeBob SquarePants” or “Golden Throne” themed outhouses built just the right size for children.
- Each team of two youth is timed as they pull or push on the short, flat track (kids only run the final stretch of the main event).
- There is no age limit, but keep in mind that it can dangerous for little ones if the outhouse tips over. And also note that they are only so large for you “big kids.”
- No registration or fees required for kids. Just go to the beginning of the kid’s track and wait your turn.
- Names and times will be posted at the finish line.
- All youth participants receive an award.
Official Outhouse Race Apparel
Order your official Perkinstown Outhouse Race sweatshirt today. Cost is $25. They are available in medium, large, xlarge, and xxlarge in light blue, royal blue, black and gray. There are only a couple long sleeve T-shirts available for $15 each. Some gray and some black. Call Rebecca at 715-427-1002 to get your official outhouse race sweatshirt and long sleeve T shirt before they are gone!
2014 Official Race Rules
Download the Registration Form
1. THRONE SPECIFICATIONS: Structure must be made of plywood, tin or any other sturdy material. Basic structure must be at least 4 feet by 4 feet wide (excluding handles and skis) and no less than 6 feet tall. There will be no cardboard, visqueen, tarp or tarp-like structures. The racing outhouse must have an open front or back, a roof, a seat with a hole inside and a full floor. No wheels and no motors. No glass. Not more than one half of any wall may be window. No explicit language or pornographic displays allowed on or in the outhouse.
2. THE TEAM: Each outhouse must have exactly five people. One or more of the pushers/pullers may join the race at any point after the start or may cut the course short, but all five team members must cross the finish line together. Each person on the outhouse racing team must be 16 years or older and must provide proof of age. One team member must be riding in the outhouse at all times. The rider must wear a DOT approved helmet. The rider may switch with a pusher/puller as long as the outhouse has stopped and the rider is wearing a helmet while riding. Each person participating in the Perkinstown Outhouse Race does so at their own risk and must complete and sign a liability release form. This event is not for the weak-hearted.
3. *RACE ENTRY FEE: The entry fee is $20.00 per team. All team entry fees received will be used as prize money (see distribution below). In addition, a $5.00 donation is requested on behalf of each team member prior to participation in the event. This money will go to Chequamegon Wildlife & Recreation Club, a local non-profit organization. For more information on the mission of CWRC, please visit www.cwrclub.com. ($20 entry + $25 donation = $45 per team.)
4. AGE DIVISIONS AND PRIZE MONIES: There will be six prize divisions: (1) 16-29 years, (2) 30-39 years, (3) 40-49 years, (4) 50-59 years, (5) 60 years and older and (6) Coed Division. All teams in the coed division must have a minimum of two female pushers. Coed will not be divided into age groups. Older teams can be in a younger category per request, but not vice versa. The total entry fee collected in each division will be awarded to the fastest team in each division. A team’s age will be determined by averaging all pushers/pullers ages (years old on race day – no partial years/ months will be counted). In the event that the rider will switch to pusher at one point during the race, their age will also be included in the average age. There will also be trophies honored to the farthest travelling outhouse and Prettiest Potty (most original). Prettiest Potty will be determined by spectator voting at the event.
5. TIMING/RACE START: The race will begin at 1:00 pm. Please be registered in the concession tent by 12:30 pm. Method of timing will be on a hand-held stop watch. Each outhouse will depart from the starting line following the finish of the previous team and announcement. Race order will be determined at pre-race meeting by drawing numbers.
6. RE-USING A THRONE: In the instance that two teams share a racing outhouse, there must be at least three new racers.
7. DISPUTE: The Race Marshall will have the final decision concerning the inspection of the outhouses and interpretation of all outhouse rules. Questions and concerns must be addressed prior to racing.
8. No carry-ins please. This is a fundraising event. Food, beer and soda are available on-site. Please visit www.cwrclub.com or call Rebecca at (715) 427-1002 or Ron at (715) 785-7595 for more information or to register.