Perkinstown Outhouse Race
OUTHOUSE RACE CHANGES SEASONS – see you in the summer!
There will not be a 2015 Winter Event – CWRC members are changing the venue and the season for the 2015 Outhouse Race. As of December 1, 2014, the 2015 Perkinstown Outhouse Race will take place during the Fourth of July festivities at the Perkinstown Park on Saturday, July 4th. Details on the changes to this event will be coming in the spring.
You can see the 2013 Perkinstown Outhouse Race photo gallery. Thanks everyone who came out and made it such a fun and successful event despite the frigid Wisconsin weather.
Teams consists of five members: four pushers/pullers and one to sit on the pot. Racing outhouses can be quite simple, but they must be built according to the official rules. Get creative and get ready to have fun! There will be a FOOD AND BEER ON SITE. See you there!
Download the Official Rules – being updated due to change in season. CHECK BACK IN THE SPRING!
Check out this video from our 2009 event.
Official Outhouse Race Apparel
Order your official Perkinstown Outhouse Race sweatshirt today. Cost is $25. They are available in medium, large, xlarge, and xxlarge in light blue, royal blue, black and gray. There are only a couple long sleeve T-shirts available for $15 each. Some gray and some black. Call Rebecca at 715-427-1002 to get your official outhouse race sweatshirt and long sleeve T shirt before they are gone!
2014 Official Race Rules
CHECK BACK IN SPRING 2015 FOR UPDATES TO RULES – THANK YOU!
1. THRONE SPECIFICATIONS: Structure must be made of plywood, tin or any other sturdy material. Basic structure must be at least 4 feet by 4 feet wide (excluding handles and skis) and no less than 6 feet tall. There will be no cardboard, visqueen, tarp or tarp-like structures. The racing outhouse must have an open front or back, a roof, a seat with a hole inside and a full floor. No wheels and no motors. No glass. Not more than one half of any wall may be window. No explicit language or pornographic displays allowed on or in the outhouse.
2. THE TEAM: Each outhouse must have exactly five people. One or more of the pushers/pullers may join the race at any point after the start or may cut the course short, but all five team members must cross the finish line together. Each person on the outhouse racing team must be 16 years or older and must provide proof of age. One team member must be riding in the outhouse at all times. The rider must wear a DOT approved helmet. The rider may switch with a pusher/puller as long as the outhouse has stopped and the rider is wearing a helmet while riding. Each person participating in the Perkinstown Outhouse Race does so at their own risk and must complete and sign a liability release form. This event is not for the weak-hearted.
3. *RACE ENTRY FEE: The entry fee is $20.00 per team. All team entry fees received will be used as prize money (see distribution below). In addition, a $5.00 donation is requested on behalf of each team member prior to participation in the event. This money will go to Chequamegon Wildlife & Recreation Club, a local non-profit organization. For more information on the mission of CWRC, please visit www.cwrclub.com. ($20 entry + $25 donation = $45 per team.)
4. AGE DIVISIONS AND PRIZE MONIES: There will be six prize divisions: (1) 16-29 years, (2) 30-39 years, (3) 40-49 years, (4) 50-59 years, (5) 60 years and older and (6) Coed Division. All teams in the coed division must have a minimum of two female pushers. Coed will not be divided into age groups. Older teams can be in a younger category per request, but not vice versa. The total entry fee collected in each division will be awarded to the fastest team in each division. A team’s age will be determined by averaging all pushers/pullers ages (years old on race day – no partial years/ months will be counted). In the event that the rider will switch to pusher at one point during the race, their age will also be included in the average age. There will also be trophies honored to the farthest travelling outhouse and Prettiest Potty (most original). Prettiest Potty will be determined by spectator voting at the event.
5. TIMING/RACE START: The race will begin at 1:00 pm. Please be registered in the concession tent by 12:30 pm. Method of timing will be on a hand-held stop watch. Each outhouse will depart from the starting line following the finish of the previous team and announcement. Race order will be determined at pre-race meeting by drawing numbers.
6. RE-USING A THRONE: In the instance that two teams share a racing outhouse, there must be at least three new racers.
7. DISPUTE: The Race Marshall will have the final decision concerning the inspection of the outhouses and interpretation of all outhouse rules. Questions and concerns must be addressed prior to racing.
8. No carry-ins please. This is a fundraising event. Food, beer and soda are available on-site. Please visit www.cwrclub.com or call Rebecca at (715) 427-1002 or Ron at (715) 785-7595 for more information or to register.